And the results make interesting reading. The highlights include:
- 43% have "fast" or "very fast" Internet access
- 31% are "very positive" about e-learning
- 36% are "very positive" about online assessment
- 43% have used a VLE
- 40% have used online testing
- 33% have used a blog - but only 10% have contributed to one
- 22% have used a wiki - but only 7% have contributed to one
- 75% report that security inhibits their use "somewhat" or "a great deal"
- time to develop materials
- knowledge and skills of teachers/lecturers
- lack of training
- IT infrastructure
- IT support.
The survey is still open so the results are not finalised. I'll post a summary of the results later this month but in the meantime please encourage your colleagues to complete the survey.